Thank you for your interest in working with Colorado SIPA.
POSITION: Executive Director
REPORTS TO: Board of Directors
LOCATION: Denver, Colorado
The Colorado Statewide Internet Portal Authority (SIPA) connects citizens with Colorado state and local government through the officially recognized statewide internet portal (Colorado.gov). SIPA is an independent, self-funded special purpose authority of the State.
SIPA seeks a nonpartisan leader who is passionate about serving the citizens of Colorado and connecting the public to state and local government. This individual understands how technology can support government in achieving its mission. This person has an abiding commitment to exceptional customer service and brings that lens to all facets of their work. This individual is politically astute, deftly navigates ambiguity and consistently seeks to find common ground to advance outcomes.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the ability to understand and operate effectively within a complex work environment and draw from prior work experience in the corporate, government and/or nonprofit sectors. This person works effectively with governing boards.
This executive will be experienced in and enjoy building teams, structures, and systems to support a successful organization. This individual demonstrates success providing leadership and building an organizational culture that attracts and retains a talented and engaged staff.
The position will remain open until filled, but applicants are highly encouraged to submit their materials by July 15, 2020, to ensure full consideration.
Documents to Download
POSITION: Bookkeeper and Office Manager
REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer
LOCATION: Denver, Colorado
The Statewide Internet Portal Authority (SIPA) provides e-Government solutions to more than 700 state and local governments across the state of Colorado. SIPA is seeking a motivated, extremely conscientious, bookkeeper and office manager to manage both the day-to-day office operations and all accounts receivable and accounts payable activities. (S)he is a detail-oriented individual with excellent organizational skills. Candidate must possess good communication skills, advanced computer skills including experience with QuickBooks, and the ability to work independently and reliably. This position must work effectively with board members, staff, vendors, and customers.
We are willing to train the right person to become outstanding in this role. This is a great position for a conscientious individual who enjoys a small-company-feel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The core duties and responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to the following:
Assist with managing the finances of SIPA including invoicing clients, tracking receipts and other duties as necessary.
- Manage the accounts receivable and accounts payable process for SIPA in a timely manner and in accordance with SIPA’s policies.
- Handle Vendor and Customer invoice discrepancies quickly and efficiently.
- Ensure proper matching of Vendor Invoices to Customer Contracts and Invoices for proper Job Costing.
- Ensure timely payment of Vendor Invoices and maintain good credit standing with Vendors.
- Handle initial Customer collection efforts to ensure timely cash receipts and maintaining positive customer relationships.
- Collect receipts for all personnel expenses and ensure expenses comply with the financial policies of SIPA.
- Prepare bank deposits as needed.
- Perform monthly reconciliations and participate in monthly financial close procedures.
- Perform monthly reviews of the Profit & Loss Detail Report; research and resolve any accounting reporting discrepancies.
- Support and respond to all taxation issues for SIPA, including IRS or other taxing entity inquiries, vendor invoice tax removal, W-9 data collection from vendors for the annual 1099 process, and providing customers with SIPA’s current W-9.
- Support the COO and CFO, as requested, to assist external auditors in the annual review of SIPA’s financial documents.
Office Management (25%)
- Maintain office infrastructure by assuming responsibility for general office operations and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with building policies.
- Manage and maintain the general appearance of the office and common areas.
- Register and greet guests. Reserve meeting rooms.
- Manage the onboarding process of new employees with respect to security badges, parking, etc.
- Maintain office supplies inventory; order supplies as needed.
- Maintain the filing system for the office and ensure compliance with SIPA’s record retention policies.
Assist with organizing internal and external events such as meetings and strategy sessions.
- Support the Executive Director with scheduling, travel plans and other tasks as needed.
- Setup and teardown meeting rooms and facilities as needed.
- Assist in scheduling customer and vendor visits.
- Assist in specials projects and events as needed, such as SIPA’s Annual User Conference.
Assist in the preparation for the SIPA Board of Director’s meetings
- Assist in the distribution of meeting Agendas. Prepare and issue meeting notices.
- Attend monthly SIPA Board of Director meetings and prepare meeting minutes.
- Attend committee meetings as requested.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time professional position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 to 5:00 p.m. Additionally, this position may at times require hours beyond the operational hours stated above.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or Public Administration or a related field preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of recent accounting/bookkeeping experience. Strong knowledge of QuickBooks is required. Familiarity with accrual-based accounting, job-costing, and GASB preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer literacy with office productivity tools. Experience with G Suite and Salesforce CRM desired.
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple assignments, prioritize work, solve problems, operate under time and work volume pressure with excellent attention to detail.
- Must take initiative and possess a strong desire to learn and be a part of a team.
- Ability to lift shipments and boxes of 25 pounds
Salary Range: $50,000+ commensurate with experience
Benefits: Health, Dental, PERA Retirement, PERA 401 (k), Paid Time Off.
You will need to submit a resume and cover letter outlining your qualifications for the position. Employment with SIPA requires a criminal background check. Due to the financially sensitive nature of this position, employment with SIPA will also require a financial credit check.
How to Apply: Complete our online application at https://www.tfaforms.com/374489
Full job posting here.
All Candidates and Current Employees Exemplify the SIPA Culture:
- Internalize the vision, mission, goals, and objectives of the organization.
- Understand the policies and procedures of the organization.
- Be respectful of all SIPA staff, Board members, customers, colleagues, and strategic partners.
- Maintain working hours consistent with normal business hours Monday through Friday.
- Maintain working relationships with everyone necessary to advance SIPA’s mission and objective.
- Demonstrate a high level of ethical standards at all times.
SIPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. SIPA is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. In accordance with federal Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy, we prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, ancestry, creed, sexual orientation (including gender identity), and marital status or any other status protected by applicable state or local law.