Who SIPA Serves
State agencies, local governments, special districts, public K-12, colleges, and universities
SIPA, the Statewide Internet Portal Authority, was created by Colorado Statute in 2004, to develop the officially recognized statewide internet portal (Colorado.gov) to connect citizens with state and local government in Colorado. SIPA provides governments with the efficient technology solutions they need to enable their citizens to obtain information and conduct business electronically.
- SIPA is governed by a Board of Directors
- The Board appoints an Executive Director to oversee daily operations, and to ensure the goals and objectives of the Authority are met
- SIPA is self-funded, meaning, no tax dollars or appropriated funds are used
- SIPA is a government charged with assisting Colorado governments in putting more information and services online to engage with constituents 24/7
- SIPA provides technology solutions and is a procurement vehicle for those technologies
- SIPA negotiates private sector partnerships and price so governments don't have to
Benefits of SIPA
- Provides a simple and streamlined procurement process
- Quality Customer Service
- Ability to skip an RFP process
- No-cost technology services through the Colorado.gov portal
- Competitively priced private sector technologies
- Saves you time and money!
SIPA and colorado.gov
SIPA is the oversight body of the Colorado.gov web portal, the gateway to Colorado government. With services powered by our Portal Integrator, Colorado Interactive, Colorado.gov is Colorado's single most comprehensive delivery channel for no-cost e-Government services like websites, online forms, payment processing and event registration applications.